138 Crawford st.

Clay Center, KS 67432



Q: What should I do if I have an accident?

A: Get the name of the person driving the other vehicle along with their address, phone number, driver’s license number, tag number and insurance information.  If there are witnesses, get contact information from them as well. Note location, time of day and the date of the accident. Call the police to report the accident, and get the accident report once it is complete.  Call Wilder Auto Body for a tow (785) 632-3484.


Q: Do I have to take my vehicle to be repaired where my insurance tells me to go?

A: No, you have the right to take your vehicle to be repaired at the shop of your choice!  Your insurance company may suggest a repair provider, but ultimately it’s your choice, after all it’s your vehicle (your investment).


Q: Who pays the towing bill if my vehicle is towed after an accident?

A: If you have towing insurance, the insurance pays what the policy allows, minus any deductible you may owe.  If you do not have towing insurance, it is your responsibility to pay for towing services.


Q: How do I arrange to get an estimate?

A: You may stop by our shop for a free estimate or we recommend you call ahead to guarantee someone is at the shop to perform the estimate for you.  If you question the safety of your vehicle or doubt whether your car should be driven or not, don’t attempt to drive your vehicle!  Call us immediately and we will arrange our tow truck to pick up your vehicle.


Q: Do I have to get 3 estimates?

A: No there is no law requiring you to obtain more than one estimate.


Q:  What are "quality replacement part" or "competitive part"?

A: These are aftermarket replacement parts not original equipment manufactured parts (OEM).


Q: What should I do if my vehicle is totaled?

A: A vehicle is considered a total loss if repair cost exceeds a percentage of the vehicles actual worth.  (Actual percentage varies by insurance company and state).  Once the insurance company determines the vehicle is a total loss, they will  determine fair market value of what your vehicle was worth prior to the accident and make you an offer based on factors such as mileage, tire wear, rust and overall condition. Sometimes the amount offered is less than what you are expecting, you as the insured party, have the right to challenge the insurance company valuation and ask for more.


Q: What if mechanical problems are caused by my accident?

A: Our certified technicians are capable of performing any type of repairs caused by your accident and will return your car to like new condition.


Q: What kind of warranty comes with your auto body repair work?

A: Wilder Auto Body stands by their quality repair work and guarantee the repairs for as long as you own your car.


Q: Will the paint on any repairs match the rest of my vehicle?

A: We have a computerized paint mixing system which gives us the formula to match the original paint color.